The Pedant-Pro Sequence Analysis Suite is the most stable and dependable solution to genome annotation. Biomax offers two approaches to taking advantage of the high quality Pedant-Pro automatic sequence analysis system.
1) Pedant-Pro™ Sequence Analysis Suite
This is the enterprise version that, in additional to providing fast, comprehensive analysis of DNA and protein sequences, allows users to manually refine data for additional detail.
The Pedant-Pro databases constitute a powerful and concise sequence, gene and protein repository. When combined with BioXM, Viscovery or the BioRS system, they create the ideal foundation for efficient research and development processes.
There are dozens of benefits for companies that use the Pedant-Pro suite. Here are just a few:
- Save time and money in the sequence analysis process by using the high-throughput, industrial-scale Pedant-Pro grid-processing engine to analyze a maximum number of genomes, ESTs or other sequences in a minimum of time.
- Create a company-wide gene index with manual annotation functionalities for distributed systems allowing all scientist on a project to access the active genomes easily.
- Save training time and money by providing an easy-to-use graphical user interface which allows efficient work for IT personnel as well as laboratory biologists right from the start.
Contact us at to learn more and set up a consultative interview or demo.
2) PEDANT Software as a Service Subscription
Biomax has launched the PEDANT™ Software as a Service, offering the Pedant-Pro Sequence Analysis Suite as a subscription service that allows researchers to easily load a sequence and receive a complete analysis. The subscription service (or pay-as-you-go) is ideal for shorter-term projects. For pros or newcomers, this service provides flexible access and efficient use of computer resources without having to invest in software, hardware, upgrades or maintenance.
Located and maintained at Biomax, the PEDANT™ Software as a Service, which provides the most complete and reliable microbial sequence analysis available, can now be accessed at any time, from any place:
- Superior, comprehensive sequence analysis
- Accessibility at anytime from any computer
- Secure and confidential online environment
- No additional computer resources required
- Pay as you go
Then log in and upload your sequence data using our secure channel.
The PEDANT software will complete the analysis and notify you.
You can access the results at any time from any computer.
Set up your free account!
Already got an account?
MIPS: curated databases and comprehensive secondary data resources in 2010
Mewes HW, Ruepp A, Theis F, Rattei T, Walter M, Frishman D, et al. (2011) Nucleic Acids Res 39: (Database issue) D220-4 Abstract
PEDANT covers all complete RefSeq genomes.
Walter MC, Volz A, Pongratz N, Jost R, Mewes HW, Frishman D, et al. (2009) Nucleic Acids Res 37: (Database issue) D408-11 Abstract
PEDANT genome database: 10 years online.
Riley L, Schmidt T, Wagner C, Volz A, Artamonova I, Heumann K, Mewes HW and Frishman D (2007) Nucleic Acids Research 35: (Database issue) D354-7 Abstract
The PEDANT genome database in 2005: 334 genomes on the Web.
Riley L, Schmidt T, Wagner C, Mewes HW, Frishman D (2005) Nucleic Acids Research 33: D308-10 Abstract
The PEDANT genome database.
Frishman D, Mokrejs M, Kosykh D, Kastenmueller G, Kolesov G, et al. (2003) Nucleic Acids Research 31: 207-11 Abstract
Functional and structural genomics using PEDANT.
Frishman D, Albermann K, Hani J, Heumann K, Metanomski A, Zollner A, Mewes HW (2001) Bioinformatics 17(1):44-57 Abstract
PEDANTic genome analysis.
Frishman D and Mewes HW (1997) Trends in Genetics 13: 415-6